Call Center Digital Signage consists of the software to capture and publish the data, the hardware to display the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) or Metrics and the data that is captured. The two mistakes that Call Center Managers make when setting up a Call Center Digital Signage Solution are: Selecting the KPI's and Metrics and how to display the KPI's and Metrics.
This month's newsletter will focus on how to display the KPI's and Metrics properly.
Too often Call Center Managers want to display too much data and they create screens that look great on their PC's but when viewed on an LCD screen is very difficult to read and loses its impact. The goals of having an LCD screen are to reduce call center operating costs and/or increase revenue. If an LCD screen is laid out wrong the value of the content is diminished. Once content is determined, it must be laid out in a fashion that is readable, has the greatest impact and takes the least amount of time to recognize the KPI in threshold.
- Readability: A 1 inch (2.54cm) tall character is readable from 16ft (5M). Use characters and fonts that can be viewed by the group targeted.
- Contrast: Colors that look great on PC screens do not always look good on the LCD screen. For example, neon blue next to black is difficult to read at a distance.
- The most important KPI or Metric should be in the top left of the screen. Most people read in a "Z" pattern making the top left corner the first place they look.
- Graphs and Charts are easier to read than numbers. Does your contact center have to show the actual numbers or will a graph work better?
- Too much information on a screen gets confusing and difficult to comprehend. Display only those KPI's and Metrics that matter.
- Scroll through screens to show more data. If one screen is not enough, show the data for 30 seconds and then scroll to the next screen. The data on the screens will still be updating and fresh. If the agents need to see the data at all times then push the data to the desk top or web page as well as the LCD screen.
- Choose the right display for your content. LCD screen, desktop display, dashboard, email, web page, PC Messages, LED wallboard or even a printed report are all tools that can be used to display content. Choose the best option for your call center.
- Select the metrics that matter most for your targeted audience. More on this in our April newsletter.
VP Sales and Marketing
+1 713 986 8839